Agora.io is revolutionizing how people communicate globally. We have developed an industry-leading software developer kit (SDK) and cloud platform to enable embedded real time communications for web, desktop, and mobile applications.
With over 500 million SDK installs and accelerating global growth, we are looking to add to our team of world class technology evangelists. This is a rare opportunity to make an impact. Not only are we are changing the way the world communicates, but internally we’re building our team and organization with careful, collaborative thought and intentionality. Your ideas, vision and voice are welcome here.
Agora.io’s Sales Engineer will be a key member of our BD & Sales team, working collaboratively as a technical expert across the organization and with our prospective customers to leverage, sell and evangelize the Agora.io product suite.
- Work directly with the Business Development team as the key technical liaison for strategic customers.
- Provide pre-sales technical support and “best practice” guidance to developers building applications leveraging Agora.io’s APIs.
- Deliver technical presentations and demonstrations for prospective customers.
- Assist prospective customers with their technical validation of the platform by maintaining an ongoing open channel of communication, responding to ad hoc technical requests and questions, assisting with deeper-level technical due diligence through proactive response and follow-up.
- Passionate advocate and representative for the Agora developer community. Engage in public speaking opportunities and tech events.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies
- 2-4 years of experience in a Sales Engineer and/or relevant technical role; a desire and aptitude for working in a client-facing role;
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for excellence and desire to work in a fast-paced start up;
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant technical discipline (i.e. Computer Science) is required.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree;
- Experience in technical support and troubleshooting;
- Knowledge of cross-platform development frameworks, such as ReactNative, Xamarin;
- Server-side development experience (Node JS, Python, PHP, Ruby);
- Knowledge of IP networking, including routing protocols and SIP, firewall and proxy configurations;
- Experience in middleware and software architectures and solution integration;
- Hands-on knowledge in video and VOIP, with the ability to understand how our partners will effectively integrate our products into their applications.
Sales Development Representative (SDR)
This position involves working with prospective SMB customers to address their embedded real-time communications needs. Our SDRs serve as the front-line in our customer engagement efforts, responding to product and sales inquiries as well as trial accounts who have installed our product for testing purposes. The SDR will utilize CRM and other Marketing automation efforts to qualify contacts, ultimately driving Small/Mid-market opportunities to gain new customers.
- Respond to inbound leads generated by various lead generation programs.
- Qualify and appropriately distribute qualified leads to the appropriate team for engagement.
- Nurture and manage SMB/Long-tail leads within assigned region.
- Strategize with Business Development Executives to:
- Develop targeted outbound campaigns;
- Target prospective key account engagements;
- Make outbound calls to generate leads.
- Continuously maintain and update sales pipeline reporting tools.
- Evangelize Agora product offerings across territory or named accounts.
- Conduct on-going research to identify new leads, vertical market opportunities:
- Obtain contact information and begin targeting through.
- Achieve quarterly qualified lead generation quotas.
- Achieve quarterly SMB/Long-tail new deal quotas.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies
- 3-4 years of experience in a field or inside sales role.
- Comfortable on the phone, with email response, and ready to engage customers all day, every day.
- Attention to detail, highly organized, and efficient in managing multiple projects at once.
- Creative thinker; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- CRM experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable with MS Office.
- Experience with cloud-based PaaS business models a plus.
Agora.io values its employees and provides a complete compensation package that includes benefits, equity and competitive base salaries. To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agora.io is an equal opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of merit.
Technology Evangelist at Agora.io
Job Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
We are looking for resourceful technologist who are passionate about evangelizing new technology and empowering others to build incredible products that leverage Agora’s global real-time communication capability.
You will be doing some or all of these:
- Understand our technology: what is VoIP, API, SDKs and WebRTC
- Author technical content and blog posts
- Write sample applications and contribute to open source projects
- Speak at relevant events, webinars and meetups
**Previous experience in developer community engagement is greatly appreciated.
How to apply?
- Please send us your resume at email@example.com
- Links to other web sites and resources where we might learn more about you (your own website, GitHub, Twitter, Dribbble, etc.)
Agora.io is a leader in internet-based global real-time communications. At Agora.io, we handle the challenging pieces of providing quality user experience globally for real-time communication, so our customers can focus on expanding their businesses with ease.
Founded in 2014, Agora.io was established by Tony Zhao. Agora.io is a series-B startup located in Santa Clara, CA., backed by leading VC firms SIG, Morningside, GGV, ShunWei, and IDG.