Agora.io will be at the All About The API conference at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas July 19-21, an exciting new conference being introduced by TMC to bring together the builders and users in the emerging API economy. (More about our picture of Oceanus below.) Las Vegas is an easy place to drop into – so if you are just a plane-ride way, and who isn’t, come spend a day or two at the conference! We will be speaking and exhibiting throughout the show:
- Exhibiting during Expo hours at Booth 313 (Tue 4-7pm, Wed 12-4pm, Thur 10:30am-4pm)
- Live Demo on-stage during the Expo opening around 5 pm on Tuesday (there should be drinks too!)
- Panelist on Tuesday at 1 pm on Tapping into the Power of AI
- Speaking on Wednesday at 2:30 pm on Mobile-first Communications APIs and The Mobile Last Mile
- Delivering hands-on coding at our Developer Workshop on Thursday at 9am– see details below
So please come talk to us about how our APIs make it easy to embed global real-time video and voice into your applications with ensured quality of experience. Here is some API related pre-show reading material, if you are interested:
- Read our interview about the API economy on TMC’s </devsWorld> site
- Download a free IDC White Paper on the business impact of Cloud Communications API Platforms
Hands-on API Developer Workshop
We will be hosting a two-hour hands-on workshop at the event on Thursday 7/21 at 9 am, where we invite developers to come along and code with us using our voice and video chat API. So bring your breakfast! Here’s what we will cover:
Come to this workshop to learn about the easiest way to add real-time video, voice, and broadcasting to your apps using a cloud communications API that hides the complexity of ensuring premium quality over Internet bottlenecks, bad mobile networks and across all kinds of mobile device! We will look at communications API choices, including WebRTC, mobile SDKs and cloud communications platforms (CPaaS) and we will build a real-time video app for iPhone live on stage that developers can build themselves during the session or just follow along and do this later.
- Mac with the latest Xcode 7.3.1 already loaded, so the Mac must be running Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan to support this latest version of Xcode
- Our on-stage tutorial will be in Swift so the latest Xcode is best. An Objective-C version of the tutorial code is also available.
- Pre-loading Xcode is important because this can take longer than the time we have for this in the session
- An iPhone and/or iPad running iOS 9.3 with a Lightning to USB cable to connect to your Mac
- Bonus get-ahead steps (which will be covered in the workshop):
- Sign up at http://dashboard.agora.io and download the Agora SDK for iOS from the “Getting Started” tab
- Download our demo app Agora Video Call from the Apple App Store or Android Play Store to see the kind of app we will build
- Download/clone the tutorial code from https://github.com/AgoraIO/Agora-iOS-Tutorial-Swift to get a head start on the coding
NEWS: Agora.io is running a global virtual hackathon with $100,000 in prizes during August 2016 and we invite all developers to participate – sign up here: http://hackcompact.io.
Fun fact: Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas includes a lite version of the Fontana di Trevi. The original fountain was completed in Rome in 1762 and remains a key attraction for visitors to Rome today. The fountain features the Triton Oceanus taming the waters (pictured above in his Rome appearance). Oceanus was believed by the ancient Greeks to be the personification of the sea (he predates Poseidon), where the sea was seen as an enormous river encircling and connecting the world. Clearly, Oceanus is the right deity to represent APIs and the API economy at the All About The API conference!